Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA) Webinar Information
Message From the Mesquite Chamber of Commerce (April 20, 2020):
Dear Business Owner,
Small businesses are the foundation of our communities and our economy. Employing nearly half the American workforce, they keep our neighborhoods running and make them feel like home. The impacts of the coronavirus pandemic have wrought unprecedented financial uncertainty. These businesses need resources and relief — and they need it now.
That’s why the Save Small Business Fund, a grantmaking initiative funded by contributions from corporate and philanthropic partners, is providing $5,000 in short-term relief to employers across the United States. These one-time supplemental cash grants are for businesses that have between three and 20 employees and operate in an economically vulnerable community.
The grant application will go live on Monday, April 20 at 12:00 PM PT/3:00 PM ET. To learn more about the Save Small Business Fund and to apply for a grant, visit savesmallbusiness.com.
Mesquite Region Development has links to help business during this crisis and beyond. They can be found here.
Small Business Resiliency Guide from the Nevada Small Business Development Center can be found here.
Small Business Administration/U.S. Department of Agriculture
The Small Business Administration has declared Clark County eligible for Covid-19 disaster loan Assistance. More information at this link.
- Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email [email protected] for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
- Information updated April 8, 2020 concerning measures implemented to help rural residents, businesses, and communities affected by Covid-19 can be found here.
Dear Mesquite Business Owners:
The City of Mesquite understands this is a trying time for all businesses alike under Governor Sisolak’s orders for all non-essential businesses to close down. In an effort to mitigate any financial distress businesses may be experiencing the City of Mesquite is offering the following options/benefits for businesses:
- The City will offer payment plans for licensees impacted by the order.
- No late fees will be collected while the order is in place.
- No licenses will be revoked while the Governor’s order in place. Once the order is lifted the City of Mesquite will contact businesses about setting up a payment plan, if it has not already been done.
- The City will continue to process any and all new business license applications.Development Services staff is still working a regular schedule to meet the licensee’s needs. If you need to make an appointment with Planning, Business Licensing or Building you may do so by calling 702-346-2835.
If you do not intend to renew your license please contact Business Licensing directly so the license can be canceled. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis but do wish to renew the license please call 702-346-2835 to discuss payment options.
Licensees wishing to renew their license at this time have several options:
- Pay online at mesquite.onlinegovt.com. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Licenses may also be renewed over the phone between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday– Thursday and 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Pacific Standard Time. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Payments can also be mailed to City Hall or placed in the drop box outside City Hall. If paying in cash, please leave the exact amount.
- Development Services is open from 8 a.m. – noon Monday through Friday. Please use the other options if at all possible.
The City of Mesquite values the businesses that work hard every day to make our community run. We are committed to supporting you in the best way possible. To abide by the Governor’s order, all nonessential businesses must close and remain closed until the order has been lifted. The City advises all nonessential businesses to post a notice to customers on its doors notifying the public of the closure due to the COVID-19 crisis. While the City understands and empathizes with the hardship of having to close, it’s encouraged that the community works together to face down the virus by following health directives.
Mesquite Chamber of Commerce has valuable information on their website regarding COVID-19 for business owners and the community. Here is a link to their website https://www.mesquitenvchamber.com/
Mesquite Region Economic Development is helping businesses complete relief applications. Call their office at (702) 344-5500 or Colton Teerlink, President/CEO at (702) 704-4510. https://choosemesquite.com/
Nevada Department of Business and Industry The Department of Business and Industry is a cabinet level agency in Nevada State government. Their objective is to encourage and promote the development and growth of business and to ensure the legal operation of business in order to protect consumers by maintaining a fair and competitive regulatory environment. For COVID-19 assistance, click on information.
DETR Rapid Response is a free program that assist employers if they have to lay off employers or shut down. For information on Rapid Response assistance call (775) 284-9660 or (775) 684-0362 or email: [email protected]
Department of Labor (DOL) The Department of Labor has compliance assistance materials to help workers and employers understand their rights and responsibilities under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/layoffs/warn
Nevada JobConnect Employers who may have open positions to fill, please call the Nevada JobConnect Business Services Office at 702.486.0129. You may also access the process to post a job at: https://nevadajobconnect.com/Page/Post_a_Job_Opening